Tuesday, October 31, 2006

An update?!?! Are you serious?!?!?

*** I originally wrote this around 9pm on Monday 10/30 but it wouldn't upload, so please read with that timeframe in mind. Thanks! ***

Thanks for such a great weekend everyone! We had a great time catching up with many of you and were refreshed hanging with friends and family. We got back to Pasadena around 1:45pm today, about an hour before I (Matt) had to take a Greek midterm. The highlight of our drive home was Sara helping me go over my vocab by quickly flashing a word in my peripheral vision and then me saying the definition.

Sara is signed up with an organization called Team In Training (TNT) which trains people to run marathons coupled with the raising support to battle cancer, mainly leukemia and lymphoma. The main race is Jan. 21st 2007 (happy 1 yr. BD and Gia) in Carlsbad, CA. It's been fun to head to the YMCA together and do some training, even though I'm not officially part of the team.

Classes are going good and I look forward to keeping up on my reading throughout the last 1/2 of the quarter. Classes end on Dec 8th, but my last final will be on the 7th (Thurs.) The Winter quarter doesn't start until Jan. 2nd so I'll have a good 3 weeks or so to attempt to get a head start on some reading for my upcoming classes.

As for weeks 3-5...we made it! I've decided it's much easier to type a few quick paragraphs at least once a week instead of practicing my novel writing at the end of the week. I've noticed that by the time I'm done I have have no energy to even proofread the 5,000 words.

Our next planned stop in Fresno will be the week of Thanksgiving. We should be in town that Tuesday night and as of now plan on driving back to Pasadena sometime that Saturday. If any of you plan on coming through LA and want to visit our 450 sq. ft. apt, let us know...we'd love to see you!

P.S. A special shout out to Kristi for letting us exchange couches with her. It’s a blessing not having to worry about sitting down and getting poked by the springs!

Much love~

M&S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home